Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

08 fiesta stereo randomly shuts off

_jssmills

City
werribee
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
2009 Ford Fiesta
2008 fiesta, i have a stock standard stereo which randomly will shut off and have ford audio stuck on, I turn it off and back on and still nothing, anyone know how i can fix this??

Attachments

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Try turning off the radio, turning off the car, and disconnecting the battery for about an hour. That should force a hard reset.

Last edited:

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Now I remember you. You had an issue with your seatbelt. When a Fiesta starts having electrical gremlins like you've been having, you should check the battery.
It may have enough juice to start the car, but that doesn't mean it's working properly. Most places that sell batteries will test yours for free (at least they do here in the US).
A lot of people report weird electrical bugaboos, then they replace the battery and it goes back to normal.

OP
_jssmills

_jssmills

City
werribee
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
2009 Ford Fiesta
Thread Starter #4
Now I remember you. You had an issue with your seatbelt. When a Fiesta starts having electrical gremlins like you've been having, you should check the battery.
It may have enough juice to start the car, but that doesn't mean it's working properly. Most places that sell batteries will test yours for free (at least they do here in the US).
A lot of people report weird electrical bugaboos, then they replace the battery and it goes back to normal.
haha yeah I had the problem with my seatbelt, now this is my partners car that has the prob with the car stereo ahah!
will try what you suggested!! & will let you knows!
thanks heaps!!