Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2012 SES p0500

austinrl

City
fort worth
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 fiesta
I cant for the life of me find this vehicle speed sensor.
ive looked at This picture and can't find it on my car
This is the sensor i bought. is this even the right one. please help

OP
A

austinrl

City
fort worth
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 fiesta
Thread Starter #3

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
The pic shows just the transmission, not how it's oriented in the car. Looks like you might have to get underneath it.
This guy gets into a Fiesta transmission. Maybe this will help you spot where it is.

OP
A

austinrl

City
fort worth
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 fiesta
Thread Starter #5
The pic shows just the transmission, not how it's oriented in the car. Looks like you might have to get underneath it.
This guy gets into a Fiesta transmission. Maybe this will help you spot where it is.
I looked. It’s not there. I can’t find the sensor. I looked where it should be. It’s not there. I’ve been under my car for 2 hours looking for it. It’s not here. Is it possible this sensor Is just for the automatic trans. THIS page doesn’t show this sensor for a manual.
Is it possible that the wheel sensor could be bad? I just had one replaced a few days ago.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Figured. ABS wasn't mandatory until 2013, so it's possible some earlier models might not have it, though most already did. It says "less anti-lock braking system" in the description, which makes me think it's specifically for cars without ABS, but maybe not.
At any rate, there have to be some sensors wired to the tranny. They may just not be what they look like.

OP
A

austinrl

City
fort worth
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 fiesta
Thread Starter #9
Figured. ABS wasn't mandatory until 2013, so it's possible some earlier models might not have it, though most already did. It says "less anti-lock braking system" in the description, which makes me think it's specifically for cars without ABS, but maybe not.
At any rate, there have to be some sensors wired to the tranny. They may just not be what they look like.
Ok got that. I do have abs light. Also I see that sensor you replied with. Where would that one be. I’ve seen something somewhere that it could be on top of the transmission.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Doesn't look like the sensor I showed. Doesn't show where it goes, either. Looks like it comes from the engine side. Just look for anything wired to the tranny. There can't be much.