Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2013 Fiesta radio quits

johnk51

City
Longview
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Ford Fiesta SE
The last couple of months we'll be driving down the road and all of a sudden the radio stops. It still show the station and everything, but no sound. The only way to get it back is stop, turn off the car, then start the car and it's back on. It's happened about 4 times in the last couple of months. It's just a pain to turn off then on the car. If I turn the radio off then on still nothing. Hard telling how much it would cost just to have it looked at. And how compacted the dash is with all this wiring, is not worth me getting into it. Any ideas?

John K

OP
J

johnk51

City
Longview
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #3
I don't know how to reset the radio, but when I put in a cd after hearing a pop and the sound went away, the cd player played but no sound. After stopping and turning off the car, then start up. The radio work and had sound. I don't know why that seems to fix it till the next time it does it. It can happen a couple of times in a day or once a month or more.

City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE
I've read on other forums that the circuit board goes bad. Used to be a warranty replacement item, but it's probably too late.

City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE
My 2011 has similar issues. The biggest problem is that it can turn itself on with out the key, killing the battery.

City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE
My current solution has been disconnecting the radio and sync completely. I'm looking for AM options, but I'm afraid the power supply may cause problems with my replacement.