Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2016 Fiesta Titanium HB

Bob A

City
Obetz
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Ford Fiesta Titanium Hatchback
Electrical problems...
Suddenly lost turn signals,high beams,power windows,door locks,fog lights,interior lights.
Did find blown green j fuse under hood,replaced today,no difference.
Wondering if anyone has had this problem,or advice.TIA

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Sounds like a bad ground. Or possibly several. If you look in the engine compartment, on the frame rails near the strut towers there are clusters of wires that are mounted by screws to the body structure. Those can become damaged or corroded to the point that systems stop functioning.
This cluster of ground attachments was the easiest to just snap a picture of by opening the bonnet. There are several other places under the Fiesta where these critical connections are located.
A smart owner would spray these areas with penetrating oil and then apply some grease over the areas to protect the connection from moisture and corrosion.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
B

Bob A

City
Obetz
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Ford Fiesta Titanium Hatchback
Thread Starter #3
Sounds like a bad ground. Or possibly several. If you look in the engine compartment, on the frame rails near the strut towers there are clusters of wires that are mounted by screws to the body structure. Those can become damaged or corroded to the point that systems stop functioning.
This cluster of ground attachments was the easiest to just snap a picture of by opening the bonnet. There are several other places under the Fiesta where these critical connections are located.
A smart owner would spray these areas with penetrating oil and then apply some grease over the areas to protect the connection from moisture and corrosion.
Update 6-21-2020
Found the problem,Battery ground cable attached to painted body.
Disconnected positive terminal,then ground cable.Quick scuff to cable terminal and body to bare metal.Reattached everything.
Voltage at battery,not running showing 13 volts.Gave all connections a spray of battery terminal coating.
Shows more miles to empty than before on dash. May have to recalibrate itself,haven't drove enough to know.
Vehicle is definitely back to normal now,running better,and seems to be getting better mpg.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Update 6-21-2020
Found the problem,Battery ground cable attached to painted body.
Disconnected positive terminal,then ground cable.Quick scuff to cable terminal and body to bare metal.Reattached everything.
Voltage at battery,not running showing 13 volts.Gave all connections a spray of battery terminal coating.
Shows more miles to empty than before on dash. May have to recalibrate itself,haven't drove enough to know.
Vehicle is definitely back to normal now,running better,and seems to be getting better mpg.
I also like the idea of applying good old fashioned Vaseline petroleum jelly to the cleaned and refastened ground connections. If the connection is protected from exposure to the air, it really slows down the whole corrosion problem.