Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2019 Transmission?

Mcrow24

City
Hutchinson
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Fiesta s
Did they fix the problem with the transmission in these? I know the 2017 and earlier models had issues but can't see if 2019 is also an issue.

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Did they fix the problem with the transmission in these? I know the 2017 and earlier models had issues but can't see if 2019 is also an issue.
Auto or manuals? Autos had issues up to 2014 and were fixed. My 2015 works great.

OP
M

Mcrow24

City
Hutchinson
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Fiesta s
Thread Starter #3
Auto or manuals? Autos had issues up to 2014 and were fixed. My 2015 works great.
So after they fixed them the worked fine?

I called and spoke to the dealer about the automatic transmission. DPS6 I think. They said the problem with the 204-2017 models. It was actually the clutch and the TCM not the transmission itself. They said the 2018 and newer ones have the same transmission but the have a different clutch and TCM and according to the mechanic there they're not have issues with the newer models. He also said the fix they did on the old ones seems to have worked.

Did you have your 2015 automatic fixed?

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
The earliest DPS6 boxes were heavily TSB'd and received multiple software updates and material spec changes in clutch packs and seals. Some got much more than others. I know of two early 2012 Powershift transmission fiesta that got the later seals and clutches plus the late software updates and were good to go. At least part of the root cause of the issue was driver behavior with the brake and throttle pedals. The controller had a difficult time reacting to a driver that was doing tentative inputs on the brake and throttle, having the effect of confusing and un- learning shift strategy.
I have driven several of the early ones that are perfectly fine.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Just keep the Battery and Ground Lug terminals that bolt to the body, - in good shape.

1643063838860.png

No corrosion = Problem Free Operation

OP
M

Mcrow24

City
Hutchinson
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Fiesta s
Thread Starter #7
I was looking at a 2015 that had the TCM replaced. Did you have the TCM replaced on yours?

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
I was looking at a 2015 that had the TCM replaced. Did you have the TCM replaced on yours?
I bought the car with 65k miles on it, so I cannot be sure it has been replaced or not, however, the car had a lot of receipts and had all the recalls done (this year was not recalled for the TCM or any transmission issues). So, as far as I know, it has the factory TCM.