City
Cataula
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Sport
has anyone had their air bags replaced-without getting the government involved?

OP
S

SportKing

City
Cataula
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Sport
Thread Starter #3
mine is a 2011. I took the car in for an oil change a month ago and asked the service manager about having the air bags replaced since the cars seller(CarMax) had me sign a document indicating the car had not had the air bags replaced. She indicated the dash board would have to be removed to perform the replacement and hasn't called me back since. I probably will go back in a few days and resurrect the discussion. Does anyone else have any experiences with this recall?Update: May 2020, I didn't go back and raise the issue with the service advisor but it has been some months now and I want to get the cooling system serviced sometime soon. I'll remind them of our discussion last year at that time. Update: in mid May, I received a letter from Ford TELLING me to take my car to the local Ford dealer to have the airbag replaced. Just the passenger airbag but the dealer performed the service in one day so I guess I'm ok on this part of the cars life. When I dropped the car off, I made sure that the service writer knew that I had asked for this service some months ago and no one at the dealership had kept in touch with me. I got an email survey from Ford regarding the performance of the dealership doing the recall and I'm afraid that I was pretty frank with my opinion.

Last edited: