City
Godfrey
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Edge SE
I recently purchased a 2020 Ford Edge with the 2.0 ecoboost with 50,000 miles. I’ve changed the oil twice and had the same noise each time. The engine rattles for a good two minutes each time with the little oil can pressure light on. Then quiet and normal and no oil pressure light.
I know that there is some rattling after an oil change for a few seconds due to lack of immediate oil pressure. I always fill the filter with oil before installing.
First time I used Mobil 1 5w30 and a Mobil 1 filter. The second time I used a Motorcraft filter and Mobil 1 0w30.
I think the noise comes from the timing chain but, of course I can’t be certain.
I’m guessing this is not normal but I’ve never had a 2.0 ecoboost before. I’d appreciate and and all input!
After the first oil change we went on a 2000+ mile trip, drove 80+ mph, got 28.5 mpg, and not an abnormal sound out of the engine.

City
Janesville
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
19' Edge SEL
Oil capacity is 5.7 quarts. Why add oil to filter, install, and then add oil.
5W-30 is recommended. Perhaps you are over filling the oil?????? Not Good.
I use 5W-30 mobil 1, in our 19' Edge, at the dealership.

Are you hearing a rattling noise the whole time, even after driving the car? Drive the car and then let idle. Are you hearing a rattling noise. It could be any loose part.