Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Ford Fiesta Trans Replacement

austinrl

City
fort worth
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 fiesta
HEY ALL. New to this forum. i have a 2012 fiesta that will need a new transmission soon and i can't seem to find a compatibility list anywhere and i don't want to pay the insane $1200 for a used 2012 model. ive seen on a website that i can get 2015 transmission for less than $300 and this would save me A LOT of money to have this installed by my mechanic and I was really just wondering if this 2015 trans will hook up to my 2012 with no issues (or any other transmissions with a good price tag that will bolt up correctly) Thanks so much!

also please point me to anything i would need to buy for a transmission swap. thanks.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Are you talking about the manual 5 speed? They're the same across all years. It'll fit.
This guy swaps from an auto to a manual in a Focus.

Looks like a lot of work.

OP
A

austinrl

City
fort worth
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 fiesta
Thread Starter #3
Are you talking about the manual 5 speed? They're the same across all years. It'll fit.
This guy swaps from an auto to a manual in a Focus.

Looks like a lot of work.
Hey sorry about the confusion! My car is a manual transmission. It’s going out so need a new one. Glad to hear that they are all the same. Since my car is a 1.6 l should I get a 2015 trans that came from a 1.6 l or can I get the ones that have the 1.0 turbo. Sorry if I’m asking so many questions I just need to get this right the first time. Thanks.

Also. I did watch some of that swap you linked last night while I was waiting for a reply. Pretty neat.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Hey sorry about the confusion! My car is a manual transmission. It’s going out so need a new one. Glad to hear that they are all the same. Since my car is a 1.6 l should I get a 2015 trans that came from a 1.6 l or can I get the ones that have the 1.0 turbo. Sorry if I’m asking so many questions I just need to get this right the first time. Thanks.

Also. I did watch some of that swap you linked last night while I was waiting for a reply. Pretty neat.
It's all good. This isn't a really busy forum, but there are some nice people here.
The iB5 is the same manual found in any mk7 Fiesta in the Americas. It's a fine little tranny.
Some of the 1.0 turbos got the 6 speed from the ST. I would imagine that would fit, too, if you could find a clean one.
Never mind. If you can get that tranny installed, you'll drive that car for years with no worries.

Change your oil with good synthetic every 5000 miles. Change your tranny fluid every 30000, and change the cabin filter every 20000. Change the timing belt at 150000 or 10 years, whichever comes first.
You'll get 300000 out of that car.

Last edited:
City
FLEMINGTON
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta 1996 Ford Ranger
It's all good. This isn't a really busy forum, but there are some nice people here.
The iB5 is the same manual found in any mk7 Fiesta in the Americas. It's a fine little tranny.
Some of the 1.0 turbos got the 6 speed from the ST. I would imagine that would fit, too, if you could find a clean one.
Never mind. If you can get that tranny installed, you'll drive that car for years with no worries.

Change your oil with good synthetic every 5000 miles. Change your tranny fluid every 30000, and change the cabin filter every 20000. Change the timing belt at 150000 or 10 years, whichever comes first.
You'll get 300000 out of that car.[/QUOTE Where Is The 5 Speed Manual Transmission Plug On A 2018 Fiesta Se ? We Cannot Find It Only Found The Filler Plug !!!

City
FLEMINGTON
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta 1996 Ford Ranger
Where Is The Drain Plug On A 2018 Fiesta Se 5 Speed Manual Transmission ? We Found The Filler Plug But Cannot Find The Drain I Even Went To Dealer And Got A Parts Printout From The Parts Man But That Only Shows Filler Gonna Have To Back To Dealer And Try To Pick A Mechanics Brain I Guess We Pulled Off Clutch Cable Cover And All We Could Find Was The Filler Plug Do You Have To Use A Suction Gun And Suck It Out Of The Filler Does'nt Seem Right To Me You Won't Get It All Out Or Get A Real Clean Drain Of The Old Fluid If Anybody Knows Where It Is Or How To Drain That Tranny PLEASE LET ME KNOW I Have 31000 On The Car And There Has Been Some Gear Grinding Especially Going Into Reverse To Quick When Cold THANX SO MUCH !!!

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Where Is The Drain Plug On A 2018 Fiesta Se 5 Speed Manual Transmission ? We Found The Filler Plug But Cannot Find The Drain I Even Went To Dealer And Got A Parts Printout From The Parts Man But That Only Shows Filler Gonna Have To Back To Dealer And Try To Pick A Mechanics Brain I Guess We Pulled Off Clutch Cable Cover And All We Could Find Was The Filler Plug Do You Have To Use A Suction Gun And Suck It Out Of The Filler Does'nt Seem Right To Me You Won't Get It All Out Or Get A Real Clean Drain Of The Old Fluid If Anybody Knows Where It Is Or How To Drain That Tranny PLEASE LET ME KNOW I Have 31000 On The Car And There Has Been Some Gear Grinding Especially Going Into Reverse To Quick When Cold THANX SO MUCH !!!
There isn't really a drain plug. You can take out the plug near the bottom and get most of it out, and maybe suction out the rest. That's what some people have done. https://www.fordfiesta.org/threads/2013-manual-transmission-fluid-change.7693/