Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello From NJ!

Picking her up on Thursday! Had a good run with the FoST, but I never should have test driven a FiST!
I had the same username on a certain FoST forum. Noticed [MENTION=2489]praecurvo[/MENTION] is on here as well. What are your thoughts on a suspension setup? I followed your lead on the focus and ended up with the best combo, FRPP w/B8's....

View attachment 7083 View attachment 7084 View attachment 7085 View attachment 7086 View attachment 7087

Picking her up on Thursday! Had a good run with the FoST, but I never should have test driven a FiST!
I had the same username on a certain FoST forum. Noticed [MENTION=2489]praecurvo[/MENTION] is on here as well. What are your thoughts on a suspension setup? I followed your lead on the focus and ended up with the best combo, FRPP w/B8's....

Haha, welcome! I had a feeling that if I test drove the FiST, then I'd have to have one. Happy I had the opportunity to own the FoST, but super pleased with my decision. Congrats on your decision.

As for suspension on the FiST, I have had great luck with chassis bracing alone. I find the OEM ride in the FiST with bracing comparable to the setup on my FoST. Yes I track it and yes I autoX. I feel that it's the perfect combo of on-road manners with just the right amount of sport.

Front 2 point brace.
Rear trunk brace.
Torsion bar.

OP
NJBooST
Thread Starter #6
[MENTION=952]frankiefiesta[/MENTION] I'm in Belmar. My girlfriend and her friend actually want me to take them to Popcorn park and go get a pumpkin from Argos on Thurs. It's gonna be the first mini road trip in the FiST, haha. Do you drive a black FiST? Might have seen you on the Parkway last week.
[MENTION=2489]praecurvo[/MENTION] What vendor did you go with for the chassis bracing?

OP
NJBooST
Thread Starter #7
[MENTION=3211]boobsapproved[/MENTION] I lucked out, it had just arrived at my local dealer the day before. Has everything except the moonroof, exactly how I would have built it. And Sync 3 is amazing, it blows MFT away.

[MENTION=3211]boobsapproved[/MENTION] I lucked out, it had just arrived at my local dealer the day before. Has everything except the moonroof, exactly how I would have built it. And Sync 3 is amazing, it blows MFT away.
That's exactly how I ordered my 16! Magnetic with recaros and no moon roof. Great taste!

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Oh nice. That's west of the parkway. Majority of people live on the east side. I drive a white fiesta. Was stage 3 but had to go back to stock to have the transmission looked at (making a loud whine, dealer has a transmission on order for me).

Ill be at the meets next spring, maybe I'll bump into you.

[MENTION=952]frankiefiesta[/MENTION] I'm in Belmar. My girlfriend and her friend actually want me to take them to Popcorn park and go get a pumpkin from Argos on Thurs. It's gonna be the first mini road trip in the FiST, haha. Do you drive a black FiST? Might have seen you on the Parkway last week.
[MENTION=2489]praecurvo[/MENTION] What vendor did you go with for the chassis bracing?

OP
NJBooST
Thread Starter #12
Oh nice. That's west of the parkway. Majority of people live on the east side. I drive a white fiesta. Was stage 3 but had to go back to stock to have the transmission looked at (making a loud whine, dealer has a transmission on order for me).

Ill be at the meets next spring, maybe I'll bump into you.
Were you at COBB Stage 3? That's my plan but I want to drive her around stock for a bit and shake out any warranty issues that might pop up. When I had my FoST I never hit up any of the meets in the area. I hear theres a big one in Freehold at either the mall or Wal-mart. It's something I'll definitely look into though.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Were you at COBB Stage 3? That's my plan but I want to drive her around stock for a bit and shake out any warranty issues that might pop up. When I had my FoST I never hit up any of the meets in the area. I hear theres a big one in Freehold at either the mall or Wal-mart. It's something I'll definitely look into though.
Only thing Cobb I have is the access port lol. Got a lot of my stuff off of this forum used. Saved a bunch of money that way.
Yeah there were a few huge meets in freehold. Those are usually the ones I go to besides smaller local ones.