Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clicking Relay Behind Glove Box

So here's the deal. I changed the spark plugs yesterday (factory plugs gapped to spec) and the cabin air filter the day before. Now there's a relay behind the glovebox that keeps clicking.... It does it while idling and driving. I'd does it when the car is turned off and the door is open. I have yet to sit in the car with the doors all closed (unlocked or locked) to see if it does it then.

This relay never did this before. Is there something I could have done when changing the plugs and cabin air filter that would cause this?

Also, I'm "Stage 3" with an AP running a Freektune. Thanks for any help.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
There's a fuse panel behind the glove box with 6 relays. See which one is bad and replace them. Look up part# 9L2T-14B192-AA

You might want to check to see if you are getting any error codes too. Usually when a relay clicks it means its still working.

OP
timmytoast
Thread Starter #3
I removed the glove box and checked out the fuse panel. I think it's one of the black relays. I can't tell which one is bad though. How can I check?

Also, I don't have 6 of the black relays. I have the left 3 and the bottom right one. I don't know what the other two in your picture are for. I don't have the Recaro seats or a moon roof; they could be for those things.

OP
timmytoast
Thread Starter #4
When I changed the cabin pollen filter, I had to unplug the little wire harness thing that is there. I connected it back when I was done though. And I didn't remove anything else electric-related.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Did you check to see if all the pins are lined up on the wire harness plug?

Hope this helps.

R1 (Gray color relay)
R7-R4
R8-R5
R9-R6

R1 = Ignition relay
R7 = Keyless starting
R4 = Driver heated seat
R8 = Battery back-up sounder
R5 = Passenger heated seat
R9 = Accessory delay
R6 = Keyless starting

OP
timmytoast
Thread Starter #6
Did you check to see if all the pins are lined up on the wire harness plug?

Hope this helps.

R1 (Gray color relay)
R7-R4
R8-R5
R9-R6

R1 = Ignition relay
R7 = Keyless starting
R4 = Driver heated seat
R8 = Battery back-up sounder
R5 = Passenger heated seat
R9 = Accessory delay
R6 = Keyless starting
Thank you so much for the relay layout!
I haven't checked the wiring harness pins yet. I suppose I may have knocked something slightly loose when I was fighting the pollen filter.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I removed the glove box and checked out the fuse panel. I think it's one of the black relays. I can't tell which one is bad though. How can I check?
A automotive stethoscope is very inexpensive or you can use a long screwdriver placing the blade on the relay and your ear near the handle.
This way you should be able to find the one that is clicking.

Dave