Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb sway bars

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I am looking for input on the sway bars Cobb offers. Has anyone tried them? If so how do you like them as it relates to handling. Let me know also if you are lowered. Sorry if this has been discussed previously but I don't see anything about them recently. Thanks in advance. [like]

2006ser

Why not eibach over Cobb? I've always had eibach away bars in all my car and they fee awesome

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Why not eibach over Cobb? I've always had eibach away bars in all my car and they fee awesome
Like their lowering springs, the Cobb sway bars are made by Eibach to their specifications. No one has the Cobb sway bars??? lol Just looking for feedback on them...

Chuckable

I believe that Eibach makes the Cobb bars, and that they are the same sizes. Assuming so, any reviews of the Eibach bars should be applicable to the Cobb bars. I believe the Eibach bars are cheaper, though, so unless you want the Cobb brand you may want to save some $ and go with Eibach. Just my 0.02.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I believe that Eibach makes the Cobb bars, and that they are the same sizes. Assuming so, any reviews of the Eibach bars should be applicable to the Cobb bars. I believe the Eibach bars are cheaper, though, so unless you want the Cobb brand you may want to save some $ and go with Eibach. Just my 0.02.
This is what I have found as well. Both are the same size. 25mm up front, 21mm in the rear

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member

airjor13

2000 Post Club
OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
I am having the Cobb ones installed tomorrow morning.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
Why'd you go Cobb over Eibach? Just wondering.
Because they are the same (albeit the Eibach ones are red and a bit cheaper). I have a Cobb store locally so I don't mind paying a little more to get the parts and have them installed right down the street. [;)]

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
Ummm, yeeaaahhh. The Cobb springs and sway bar combination works together better than I could have ever imagined. This car reminds me of a '92-'95 BMW M3 (one of the best handling cars I have ever had the pleasure of "flogging" on public roads. lol). Steering feedback and response is *outstanding*. Much firmer feel right off center. Suspension response is immediate with almost no detectable body roll. With the Dunlop Direzza DII star specs the FiST becomes hardwired to the road. Wherever you point it... it goes.. with panache! The only other "suspension" mod that might compliment this set up would be to swap out the stock dampeners with slightly shortened Koni's to control and firm up rebound but even that is almost splitting hairs at this point (not really needed but would be nice). With that said, a couple of braces could be beneficial and that's next on my list.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Do you think it's worth it to get the bars if I don't plan on lowering? I have pierces 2 pt and will be getting their front strut bar and torsion bar soon.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
Do you think it's worth it to get the bars if I don't plan on lowering? I have pierces 2 pt and will be getting their front strut bar and torsion bar soon.
Ummm, yes definitely. They made a big difference. [hihi]

Any comments on how the front sway bar feels compared to stock? I suppose it's hard to tell since all the parts went on at once (I think).