Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FiSTing the competition at the track!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Excellent photos, how did your brakes hold up?

OP
BostonDriver
Thread Starter #4
Brakes held up well now that I got the wilwood! Used polymatrix b compound pads and they were not only extremely strong, but felt the same on lap 1 as they did on lap 21.

Here's video of my fastest lap.
http://youtu.be/j4UiswrdJt0

Was running pirelli p zero Nero 215/40-17's and they're just not up to track duty... Ordered yoko advan ad08r's for next time! Should shave another few seconds easily with them.

But seriously though, with some proper tires, you should dominate. That was the only thing keeping you from pulling on that Mini. DAMN THAT MINI!

OP
BostonDriver
Thread Starter #6
Granny shifting? Most of the time I used the flat foot shifting feature of the tune, but it's hard to remember to do when I don't do it on the street.

That mini was running huge track tires so I don't feel too bad about it. Down the straight the Mountune stage 3 pulled him easily. Tires will be on for the next time on 6 August.

OP
BostonDriver
Thread Starter #7
The FiST is also terrible for heel toe shifting due to the gas pedal being too low compared to the brake. Not as bad with stock brakes since you need to push the pedal more for track driving but with the wilwoods you breathe on the brake pedal and it's like you dropped anchor! It's by far one of the best things you can do for your FiST if you're going to track it. The stock brakes fade too much even with Motul 600 fluid. I'm running Stoptech lines in the rear with Ferodo DS2500 pads and the 12.2" Wilwood Kit with the Spec37 rotors and Polymatrix B pads. The pads are too much for street driving since you can easily lock them up at normal driving speeds if you stab the brakes, but on the track they're awesome. I run the BP20 pads on the street. It's a super quick swap too! 20 minutes to change out the pads!!!

OP
BostonDriver
Thread Starter #8
Another satisfying thing was seeing the FiST eat E36 M3's for lunch! There were several of them out this day and the FiST had no trouble disposing of them at any point in the track.

OP
BostonDriver
Thread Starter #9
I'll also note that with the Mountune springs and TB performance front traction bar and rear torsion bar this thing is on rails, but still has the perfect amount of auto oversteer as seen in this pic.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437868899.646746.jpg

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I'll also note that with the Mountune springs and TB performance front traction bar and rear torsion bar this thing is on rails, but still has the perfect amount of auto oversteer as seen in this pic.
View attachment 5888
Sounds awesome man. What's your full spec set up if you don't mind? And the tb front traction bar is the same as the peirce 2 pt bar right?

Another satisfying thing was seeing the FiST eat E36 M3's for lunch! There were several of them out this day and the FiST had no trouble disposing of them at any point in the track.
I hear you there man! I was able to keep up with a pair of e92's at Laguna Seca! I personally like the Hawk DTC-60 pads more than Wilwood's line for their BBK. They seem to last longer. What tracklogging software were you using for filming?

OP
BostonDriver
Thread Starter #14
I was using the Harry's lap timer app with an external Bluetooth gps repeater that replaces the 1Hz signal of the iPhone with a more accurate 4Hz signal. It works really well and super easy to produce videos with overplayed info.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I was using the Harry's lap timer app with an external Bluetooth gps repeater that replaces the 1Hz signal of the iPhone with a more accurate 4Hz signal. It works really well and super easy to produce videos with overplayed info.
Don't if you saw my previous post but could you list your mods? Interested in knowing them.

OP
BostonDriver
Thread Starter #16
Mountune parts installed:
Accessport with custom 93 tune from Randy
Intake kit
Intercooler
Intercooler piping kit
Downpipe
Cat back exhaust
Short shifter
Shift knob
Springs

Basically all the Mountune parts in the catalog...

Other parts:
Breedt Rear motor mount
TB Performance front traction bar and rear torsion bar
Wilwood 12.2" BBK
Centric slotted rear rotors
Ferodo DS2500 rear pads
Stoptech braided rear lines
OZ Ultraleggerra 17x7
Sico-developments hood strut kit
Redline goods shift boot and armrest cover

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Mountune parts installed:
Accessport with custom 93 tune from Randy
Intake kit
Intercooler
Intercooler piping kit
Downpipe
Cat back exhaust
Short shifter
Shift knob
Springs

Basically all the Mountune parts in the catalog...

Other parts:
Breedt Rear motor mount
TB Performance front traction bar and rear torsion bar
Wilwood 12.2" BBK
Centric slotted rear rotors
Ferodo DS2500 rear pads
Stoptech braided rear lines
OZ Ultraleggerra 17x7
Sico-developments hood strut kit
Redline goods shift boot and armrest cover
Looks good man. Makes me excited to get my custom tune from Randy when I go stage 2 soon!

OP
BostonDriver
Thread Starter #18
Stage 2 was good, but not as big a change as stage 1. Stage 3 is just something totally different! Different power and sound, but very fun! I'm running Randy's own personal tune he has on his FiST and it's perfect!

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Stage 2 was good, but not as big a change as stage 1. Stage 3 is just something totally different! Different power and sound, but very fun! I'm running Randy's own personal tune he has on his FiST and it's perfect!
Yeah that's what hearing but I'm still siked for it. Especially with his tune.