Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Exhaust all tacked together, bit IC nearly done:)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Exhaust is all tacked together, one 10 degree bend out of the DP to the resonator, one 75 degree bend at the end of the center section, one 90 degree bend back, up and aiming at the muffler center, one 45 degree bend over the axle and one 15 degree bend to align with the muffler, strait out the back.

Just tacked for not as I had the wrong SS wire/gas combo and it was making for dirty welds, the smoke brushes right off, it will be welded up with the proper mix and wire.

I thought I could get by with two 75 or 80s instead of the 90s most seem to have but sing the 90 where I did I was able to get lined up and limit the bends to and out of the muffler quite a bit so it saved quite a few degrees in bends.

I have a Vband I was going to use to attach the muffler to make it a quick disconnect so I could run a strait pipe out the back or a short dump pipe, either way to make it louder so I can hear it at speed with a helmet on. I got tired so quite because I was thinking the easy way out and use a two bolt clamp instead and not make the strait pipe.....I will figure it out tomorrow.

Here is the way I routed it up over the axle, since dropping right down to the lowered position muffler there could be a bit of contact with the axle where the spring perch is welded to it. If so I will just add a brace to the lower side and cut off the upper side, 10 minute job at the most I am going to pull the springs and lower the car down to check it.

Temp tip slid into place, I am either going to run a single 3.5" tip to save weight and less restriction or build the best flowing dual 3", thin wall, 304 SS tip I can design.

All the hard work is done, it takes quite a bit of extra effort to bevel the input side to each section, ensure all are proper bends and not offset, align each piece to ensure the least amount of restriction, working with tight clearances caused by limiting the number and angle of the bends, ensure every joint fits flush together, enough clearance to not overheat anything....

IC:
24x7.25x3" core, had to trim some of the lower bumper cover to bottom of radiator/air dam location to get it to fit but it was easy and allows some of the air to flow out of the IC under the car instead of into the radiator.

The radiator support sits close behind the IC and I was able to drill a line of holes into it to allow a bit more air to get out of the IC, under the radiator, and not into it as well. I have to trim the foam seal that can be seen to open it up a bit more.

I will take more pics, the bar that holds the crash sensors in front of the radiator is a horrid design blocking the radiator and causing turbulence around it so I drilled nine one inch holes into it, smoothed them and then painted it black. I am going to put in a few more smaller holes as well. There is a vertical plastic section I drilled many holes into as well.

Next I will open up some of the upper grill blocked areas as there is about 2 inches of space were we can get more air to the radiator. I plan on running 20-30 minute track sessions and heat will be a big issue, these cooling mods, bigger IC, letting as much air from it out under the car, etc...will help a great deal.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
For some reason they did not transfer over, I have them on another site if you look, I have to head to the city right now, will take care of them a bit later on this site.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
I just fixed one pic, somehow posted the same one twice, now it shows the back of the car, hard to tell from the angle but the muffler is level with the exhaust outlet but will not show much if any once I build the dual outlet tip, if I end up running just a single 3.5" for the muffler version and straight pipe version I will just paint the muffler black.

I have not found the right parts to build a thin wall dual 3" great flowing tip yet, still looking.

I have some perfectly shaped, 304 polished SS in 2.5" but it would not look as cool, harder to match up for proper flow(most important), etc....