City
Spring
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford EcoSport
Due to one of my jobs, I frequently have to exit the vehicle for less than 90 seconds and then get back in. It does not really make sense to shut off the vehicle for 60 seconds for several reasons: Leaving the A/C on in 100-degree heat is nice. And shutting off the engine means SYNC shuts down, you have to wait until the phone reconnects, wait for Android Auto to restart, wait for the map to come back up, etc. This often takes as long as the delivery itself!

Unfortunately, the vehicle beeps the horn every time I leave the vehicle with it running. How do you disable this beep?

If the engine shut off, but SYNC did not shut down, that might be an acceptable workaround.

End result needs to be: No beeping and SYNC does not shut down while I make a delivery that typically takes 90 seconds or less, but sometimes it can be several minutes.

cuemark8

Let the key in the vehicle. I hate this too!
I installed a small hook threaded right into the padded dash just to the right of the head light knob.
I also don't care for the big key fob and keys poking me in the pocket.
I've done this to several of my vehicles. If key is inside the vehicle it wont do that as you enter and exit.
I do know that if you have ForScan software you can go in and change those vehicle parameters. I know I've seen YouTube videos of it done for F150's but can't find anything for Ecosport. It's like the Redheaded step-child of Ford I'm finding out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk