Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rattle cans - Performance blue

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I just ordered a couple of rattle cans of Performance Blue from automotivetouchup.com. Cost is about $25.00 per can, including shipping. I plan on color matching some of the engine trim like I did on my Sterling gray Mustang. Their paint has not disappointed me. FYI, the paint code is L1 per paintcode.com. I'll post pics once I'm done. I typically do a couple of coats of base coat, then clear. If its plastic, I start with adhesion promoter. After the paint dries, I buff out the clear coat. This stuff holds up well on plastic engine trim.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I just ordered a couple of rattle cans of Performance Blue from automotivetouchup.com. Cost is about $25.00 per can, including shipping. I plan on color matching some of the engine trim like I did on my Sterling gray Mustang. Their paint has not disappointed me. FYI, the paint code is L1 per paintcode.com. I'll post pics once I'm done. I typically do a couple of coats of base coat, then clear. If its plastic, I start with adhesion promoter. After the paint dries, I buff out the clear coat. This stuff holds up well on plastic engine trim.
Can you post some pictures during the prepping and painting process too? Would love to share this on our Facebook page.[like]

OP
W

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Can you post some pictures during the prepping and painting process too? Would love to share this on our Facebook page.[like]
Will do.

Heres an engine pic of my Mustang. I painted the strut brace, the battery and brake covers.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Jeepers everytime I see this pic I think what in the world is your shop vac doing under the hood of a V6 pony car !! LOL