Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Exhaust Hangers?

Has anyone seen a replacement for the exhaust hangers on these cars? I'm looking for one that:

A. Is quite a bit stiffer than stock to keep the pipe from moving around so much.
B. Drops the exhaust maybe 1/2" or so to give me more clearance around the trailer hitch I put on this car.

I've seen that Cobb makes a kit for the Focus ST, wonder if it happens to fit the Fiesta as well.... Or if there's someone who sells a wide variety of exhaust hangers?

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
From what i hear I may need some better hangers for my 2jr catback i ordered.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Heres a simple mod to stiffen your exhaust system, won't help you lower it but it will stop sagging. The ties are surprisingly strong.

Exhaust bracket..jpg

Sekred

1000 Post Club
That's pretty clever
Not my idea I will point out. I picked it up from MRT Performance. I run a 3 inch MRT system on a WRX I owned. The guy who run MRT, the Australian company was quite a successful rally driver. Their idea to stop breakage on rally cars.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Not my idea I will point out. I picked it up from MRT Performance. I run a 3 inch MRT system on a WRX I owned. The guy who run MRT, the Australian company was quite a successful rally driver. Their idea to stop breakage on rally cars.
Still, good/cheap idea

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Its a clever idea. When I first saw it on my Subaru's exhaust system I thought "well that's not going to last", 8 years latter it was still running on the original ties. lol.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Its a clever idea. When I first saw it on my Subaru's exhaust system I thought "well that's not going to last", 8 years latter it was still running on the original ties. lol.
Haha I'll be honest, I was thinking "those will probably snap off within 3 months"

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Worst thing to plastic Wire/Zip ties is the UV sunlight over time makes them brittle and they break easier on a exhaust hanger you better not be seeing DIRECT sunlight often if at all :) then just watch for heat so they don't melt and you be golden.. I personally used this tip from Sered.. Works very well...

Sekred

1000 Post Club
I might add that I don't suffer the weather conditions you guys do in NA do, no freezing winters, snow and salt sprayed roads. I also wash the underneath my vehicles regularly.

OP
S
Thread Starter #15
Picked up a set of the ones I posted. Kinda pricey, but they're adjustable and stiffer, so should suit my needs.