Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Rusted out driver side rocker panel - Canada

City
Stittsville
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Ford Fiesta SE
Hello,

I have a 2011 Fiesta SE and I'm located in Ottawa, Canada. I'm not the original owner, but have had it for the last 8 years. I have approximately 165,000 km on it and it has been an extremely reliable car. Unfortunately, rust is this car's nemesis. I had noticed some flaking last fall on the driver's side rocker panel and I've looked at it this past weekend and for all intents and purposes, the entire rocker needs replacement. The passenger side is not in this condition.

I have not been able to find replacement panels in North America. If anyone knows a North American Source for Fiesta rocker panels, that would be awesome.

Adam

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Have you tried the nearest Ford dealership parts department?. If you are not the original owner, it is possible that the car was previously in an accident and was not properly repaired. At least as far as the metal finishing-painting aspect goes.
Once a new rocker panel is located, the next issue is finding a shop that will install it. Being a structural component, the shop must exercise best practices in the attachment of this part onto the body shell. I would take the car to at least two body shops for an inspection and estimates.
Given the age and miles on it. You can get a better idea of the viability of repairing it. It really boils down to a calculated decision of repair and keep or sell and move on.

OP
A
City
Stittsville
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #4
@LionsTooth It is very easy to find rocker panels for the Ford Focus, but not the Fiesta and not in North America....and of course I used Google before I even considered posting, hence the posting.

@scotman I will call my local Ford dealership to verify my findings as I previously did look at the panels Ford offers and it appears that I'd have to purchase the front and back half side panels to get the bottoms of each.

With only about 30k of these vehicles being sold each year in North America, I have my doubts about finding a reasonable aftermarket rocker panel to do a proper repair.

Thanks for the responses.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Yes. The outer rocker panel is serviced in front and rear sections. It is divided near the center pillar. Good luck with this issue.
My online search revealed no aftermarket rocker panels in North America.
The real problem is that Ford will probably (actually already began!) Purging certain parts out of their service parts system.

Last edited: