Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Radio Refuses to Turn On

Today the first thing on my car broke, luckily its not something I use very often. On start up in the morning the radio was fine and worked properly. When I cam to my car at 7pm tonight after sitting outside all day the radio didnt turn on, on start up which I found strange. I proceeded to hit the on button and waited, still nothing, after a couple more trys it turned on. The music was low and I couldn't raise or lower the volume, hell the on screen volume rocker wouldn't even come up.

I drove home slowly with the windows down hoping to maybe "cool" off the radio, lol. When I got home I restarted the car and the radio refused to turn on. Even tried a system master reset and nada. Scheduled an online appointment for tomorrow and having my brother take in my car as I am at work all day. To be honest I dont use my radio much after I got my exhaust, but it nice to have it working properly.

Checked online and saw that my car had its sync warrant extended. Heres hoping they don't give him a hard time.

Basically the same thing has happened to me. No sound, no voice command, no radio at all. How do you preform a master reboot. Will take in to dealer next week.

OP
MalkionX
Thread Starter #3
Basically the same thing has happened to me. No sound, no voice command, no radio at all. How do you preform a master reboot. Will take in to dealer next week.
Go into setting and scroll down, and hit the master reset, though to be honest I don't know if that would do anything as it didn't for me just wiped out my phone.

TheStig

I had similiar but worse, my screen went 100% blackout. No functon at all from any of the physical buttons, no radio, no BT, no calls. Dealer had to order a completely new screen and brain box. I think the Arizona heat cooked it but they never determined what it was. Sucked driving around with no radio for 4 days waiting for the parts LOL

OP
MalkionX
Thread Starter #6
I had similiar but worse, my screen went 100% blackout. No functon at all from any of the physical buttons, no radio, no BT, no calls. Dealer had to order a completely new screen and brain box. I think the Arizona heat cooked it but they never determined what it was. Sucked driving around with no radio for 4 days waiting for the parts LOL
Well sadly due to the volume being broken, even though I can still make BT calls and answer them... But I cannot hear anyone on the other end. I can due without my radio for a little while if they have to order it thankfully my daily commute is 5km each way.

Had a somewhat opposite experience. My radio refused to turn off. Screen and buttons weren't responsive. I couldn't switch stations, sources etc. Turned off the ignition exited the car and you can still hear the music. I simply took off the fuse and put it back in, never had the problem since (knock on wood).

TheStig

Well sadly due to the volume being broken, even though I can still make BT calls and answer them... But I cannot hear anyone on the other end. I can due without my radio for a little while if they have to order it thankfully my daily commute is 5km each way.
Yeah was a bit harder for me as my commute is 24km one way each day and usually a 135km drive to my folks house during the same time, one way once again lol.

*All numbers transcribed from Miles to KM for our northern friends [drinking]

OP
MalkionX
Thread Starter #11
So it appears from what others have been told by Ford it relates to the update to android, I ended up going to mt car last night and disconnecting my battery for 10 seconds to reset the car. And it worked, haven't tried connecting my phone via bluetooth yet, supposedly thats what causes it.

Yeah was a bit harder for me as my commute is 24km one way each day and usually a 135km drive to my folks house during the same time, one way once again lol.

*All numbers transcribed from Miles to KM for our northern friends [drinking]
Ah that would be quite brutal then, you must go through gallons of gas a week. I'm going to test out my bluetooth after to see if connecting my phone messes up my radio again.

Today the first thing on my car broke, luckily its not something I use very often. On start up in the morning the radio was fine and worked properly. When I cam to my car at 7pm tonight after sitting outside all day the radio didnt turn on, on start up which I found strange. I proceeded to hit the on button and waited, still nothing, after a couple more trys it turned on. The music was low and I couldn't raise or lower the volume, hell the on screen volume rocker wouldn't even come up.

I drove home slowly with the windows down hoping to maybe "cool" off the radio, lol. When I got home I restarted the car and the radio refused to turn on. Even tried a system master reset and nada. Scheduled an online appointment for tomorrow and having my brother take in my car as I am at work all day. To be honest I dont use my radio much after I got my exhaust, but it nice to have it working properly.

Checked online and saw that my car had its sync warrant extended. Heres hoping they don't give him a hard time.
Hi MalkionX,

Let me help you get that radio tuned back in!
Please send me a private message with your VIN, odometer reading, full name, phone number, and servicing dealer; I'll see what can be done to help you out.

Mathieu