Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Happy birthday to me, just ordered these wheels:)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Had to make a change as the Avanti was going to be a very close call on the 11.75" BBK I am working on, these are 13lbs, stronger in the bolt area as noticed by a great member here, I should have them on Saturday if they arrive at the shop on Thursday in San Diego.

Konig Dial In, 15x9, +35mm, 13lbs, $134 for roll formed is incredible!

I was going to get these, Avanti, 15x9, +35, 12.2lbs but just to close a fit for the brakes, roll formed and just $141.

Name: Advanti-GREY-Storm-S1-15x9s.jpg Views: 0 Size: 43.4 KB

15x9 +35, 12.2 lbs, roll formed like top Enkei, some BBS, etc.....$141 each, 4x100, why I had my hubs rebored to 4x100

This is going to be a tight fit but far better support for the very wide 225 tires I will be running on the track. Race and some street tires are far wider than the numbers on them make them seem to be, this is pure race politics but it is what it is so why not take advantage of it

I will be doing some serious fender pulling, more in the front and might even have to put a steering limiter in for track days but that is no big deal, we do not have to turn the wheels that far on track.

--------------

I am really quite surprised others have not changed the bolt patten on their cars, simply missing out on a vast world of wheel options and it does not cost much to do it!

Have a great rest of the weekend,
Rick, 62 today and loving life

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Happy Birthday Rick.

iso100

1000 Post Club
What did the redrilling entail and how much did it cost? Are your hubs double drilled to also support 108?

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/1276-New-Shoes-first-4x100-Fist

This will take you to the thread where I show the street wheels installed and a link on there where to get the hubs and rotors drilled for just $120.

Rear rotors last a long time so you can skip getting a spare set or just have some done up, fronts I would get a set of spares if you track the car.

Another company I am working with is going to have:

BBK, there will one available for 15" track wheels before long with a target price of $750-800, replacement rotors just $40 each, pads far less than stock track pads....and you are set for the fronts.

Same company is looking into a larger rear rotor upgrade for a good price, initial kit around $250.

They have a huge amount of experience building track day and full race brake kits for a great price and reliability and low cost consumables using Wilwood parts and some of their own.

I talked to vendors on the ST forums about a 15" kit but none seemed interested in it.

Since the choice for 16" wheels and tires is so limited and the 17" setups are just to tall if you want wider than a 205 tire, 15" is the way to go.

A great test was done by GRM using Rivals in 225/45/15 and far faster on 9" wide wheels than 8's and that will also work out on all DOT tires that in 225 are normally far wider than the specs indicate, Rivals have 8.5" wide treat, Hoosier R6 is 8.8", etc......you need the support to maximize the contact patch available.

It will take a bit of effort to get these under the car but I have the tools, patience and a wee bit of experience in this stuff:)

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
I really wanted to go to 5x114.3mm but just not enough width on the hub flanges so it would require finding, if possible, hubs that would bolt up, maybe some serious machining and then the great 4x100 wide, light, cheap track wheels would not fit......

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
Had to change plans to fit over the BBK, these have much more room inside diameter and spoke clearance.

15x9, Konig Dial In, 13.bs, +35mm, roll formed so very strong, just $134 each!

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
Thanks, they are a very well made, finished and light but very strong wheel, a bit of work to make them fit as in pulling and rolling the fenders with 225/45/15 Toyo RA1 DOT race tires but sure looks good!

I am waiting on a corrected part to arrive from the UK so I can get the car off the lift and start driving it as soon as I finish the alignment, going to pull the diff out today and get the Quaife LSD install going while waiting.