Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Fiesta 2010 rear screenwash hose

BazzaS

City
Evesham
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2010 Fiesta TDCI
Hi
I've a Fiesta TDCI 2010 vintage. The hose to the rear screenwash is leaking. Unfortunately it is leaking somewhere beyond where it enters the scuttle !!
Any advice on how to get at it to remedy this?
Thanks

OP
B

BazzaS

City
Evesham
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2010 Fiesta TDCI
Thread Starter #2
PS: it's not away from the rear washer nozzle

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
You have the Hatchback? The one with that Rear spoiler?

Try this thread to help get you started...
https://www.fordfiesta.org/threads/yet-to-be-named-2016-fiesta-se.8636/post-22840

You'll have to remove that to get at that hose.

The upper 3rd brake light - is where that "nozzle" is, more than likely it is plugged (or froze-up with ice water and eventually cracked) , so when you went to use it the pressure of the pump broke the line at or near to where that nozzle is.

So can you remove the bezel that the 3rd brake light is? That might be where this break/leak problem is. You might be able to repair it by tying a string onto the hose in the engine compartment - that is the rear washer hose, then go to the back where the spoiler is at and pull the hose out gently up where the spoiler shroud is to get and fix that break. Then using the string to help pull and rethread the hose back down to the point you tied off that string.

That is If its possible...

Else - then the upper spoiler might need to be removed to get at the wiring harness where that hose is also bound to. To hopefully find the break at that point or close by towards the grommet that the harness and line thread thru from the main body at the trunk part of the frame.