City
Lynn
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Edge SE
Hi All, brand new and desperate for your help. My 2019 Edge SE with less than 13K miles has started to make an odd sound when at highway speeds. The best I can describe it would be like gravel or sand getting kicked up under the car or when you have sudden sleet/freezing rain bouncing on your hood/roof. It sounds like it is coming from the front driver side, possibly under the drivers door. The faster I drive the louder and more frequent it is. It started around 70 MPH and has slowly become noticed closer to 55 MPH. I left it with my local Ford/Lincoln dealer today and they claim they could not reproduce the sound. Due to COVID, they are unable to do a ride along with me so that I can point it out. I have done a bunch of searching online and can't seem to find anyone with a similar experience. The only thing the dealer noted was that my tires had some slight scalloping, but that seems unrelated. Any thoughts or suggestions on what I can check myself or request the dealer look at? Sincere thanks for your time!

Rcooper

City
Jerome
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Ford Edge
I have a 2017 Edge and had the same issue. The under car soundproofing panel has plastic hold in fasteners that came loose. Hammer them back in and push the center plastic lock in. That fixed mine. Hope this helps.