City
La Grange
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Ford Edge
Hello, I have the 2017 Ford Edge. I opened the power liftgate the other day and the strut wouldn't retract- I hear clicking when pressing the button though, so it sounds like power is getting to the strut. I have pulled the liftgate fuse and disconnected the battery, but the problem is still there. Should I replace the strut or is there something else I can try? Does anyone know of a good place to buy those struts?

Thanks!

OP
M

mjenne6

City
La Grange
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Ford Edge
Thread Starter #2
Hello, I have the 2017 Ford Edge. I opened the power liftgate the other day and the strut wouldn't retract- I hear clicking when pressing the button though, so it sounds like power is getting to the strut. I have pulled the liftgate fuse and disconnected the battery, but the problem is still there. Should I replace the strut or is there something else I can try? Does anyone know of a good place to buy those struts?

Thanks!
Replaced the strut (which contains the motor) and it fixed the issue. Here is the part that I used:

https://www.oemford.parts/oem-parts...9ZWRnZSZ5PTIwMTcmdD1zZWwmZT0yLTBsLWw0LWdhcw==