Calgary
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2019 Ford Edge ST
Any thoughts on minus sizing winter tires? Have the 265 40 21 on for summers
Winters are quite expensive and the tire dealer is encouraging me to down size to a 245 55 19.
From a winter performance perspective it should work better, as a narrower tire and taller sidewall is good for winter performance
But what about from a vanity perspective? Will look weird? Thoughts?

GFelder3

City
Annville
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Edge ST
Any thoughts on minus sizing winter tires? Have the 265 40 21 on for summers
Winters are quite expensive and the tire dealer is encouraging me to down size to a 245 55 19.
From a winter performance perspective it should work better, as a narrower tire and taller sidewall is good for winter performance
But what about from a vanity perspective? Will look weird? Thoughts?

DO YOU have the Performance Brake package? IF NOT, a 20" wheel/tire combo will fit! Note: check Tire Rack for these winter tire packages!

OP
R

rslaneff

City
Calgary
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2019 Ford Edge ST
Thread Starter #3
DO YOU have the Performance Brake package? IF NOT, a 20" wheel/tire combo will fit! Note: check Tire Rack for these winter tire packages!
Yes I do have the performance package

GFelder3

City
Annville
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Edge ST
Yes I do have the performance package
20" wheels (at least Ford wheels) will NOT FIT the Performance brake package! That package has larger diameter rear rotors, and the calipers will only clear Ford's black 21" wheels!

GFelder3

City
Annville
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Edge ST
20" wheels (at least Ford wheels) will NOT FIT the Performance brake package! That package has larger diameter rear rotors, and the calipers will only clear Ford's black 21" wheels!
Sorry--senile me forgot to read EVERYTHING you wrote! While it is TRUE that a narrower tire will "cut through" snow better, there is NO WAY IN HADES that a 19" wheel package would fit! (Just MY opinion, but especially NOT with your brake package!)