Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Mk3 XR2i Rear Badging

Thorburn

City
Bruton
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
1998 Lotus Elise
My father in-law is finishing off restoring a Mk3 XR2i he bought last year and we're trying to get the correct rear badging for it.
The car only had a 16v badge on the back when he got it, he has a raised lettering Fiesta badge and I've seen similar XR2i badges available as well, however most photos online seem to have a sticker with a white Fiesta and blue XR2i beneath.

Does anyone know what the car would have come with? Its a K-reg so I believe reasonably late in the production run of the model?

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
You should have a sales brochure for reference. Or go online and search for images of the same year vehicle. De badging is very common everywhere. Unfortunately, most people who de badge don't put the removed items in the glove compartment for the next owners.
Key publishing company put out a nice Ford Fiesta retrospective earlier this year, you might find images of the correct tail badges in that publication. 16997111333545117173769411499567.jpg

Last edited:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
This image is the tail end of the 1993 mk 3 XR2i in the Ford Heritage collection in Essex.

20231111_092140.jpg

OP
T

Thorburn

City
Bruton
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
1998 Lotus Elise
Thread Starter #4
Thanks, that's really helpful.

Will keep an eye out for badges for sale I guess.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
It might be worthwhile to contact the parts departments at several ford agencies that have been in business for a long time. You could get lucky from what they have in their stocks.
Im surprised that the aftermarket support for the earlier Fiesta generations parts needs hasn't begun to happen?. The original Capri is also lacking in parts support. The Mk1 Capri is another1970's era car that i am interested in getting an restorable example of.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Want To Buy 0