2011 Edge Limited Sync 2 8" w/nav 3.10 problems....

ronman79

City
Southaven
State
MS
Country
United States
New here! As mentioned above, I have updated the software. Mostly ok, but I have a sporadic issue with the screens locking and not transitioning. The screen registers input (beeps), but won't change to the other screens (like going from home to the settings, climate, entertainment, etc.) Basically, if it's on a certain screen, it won't move to the other screens. I can insert the USB drive that I installed the update from, it'll notify that I already have the update, and to remove USB, but will unlock.... Master resets, deleting phone and re-pairing, battery terminal pull, etc don't fix it. It'll go for a while without doing, then out of the blue..... Any help is appreciated.... Replacement APIM is 700 bucks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
R

ronman79

City
Southaven
State
MS
Country
United States
Thread Starter #2
Lots of action here.... Maybe I'm in the wrong place....

FordGuy2

City
Lake Wylie
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 and 2023 Ford Edge Titanium
Try checking on "owner.ford.com" to see if your APIM is covered under Field Service Action Number: 12M02, don't know if it covers 2011, it covers 2014 with Sync2. Also you might try updating your maps from A4 to A9 or A10 (check on e-bay for low price?,).

OP
R

ronman79

City
Southaven
State
MS
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
Thanks so much. But, I've done both. Apim fsa is expired. I also updated to A9....

OP
R

ronman79

City
Southaven
State
MS
Country
United States
Thread Starter #5
Try checking on "owner.ford.com" to see if your APIM is covered under Field Service Action Number: 12M02, don't know if it covers 2011, it covers 2014 with Sync2. Also you might try updating your maps from A4 to A9 or A10 (check on e-bay for low price?,).
Got an ebay camera. About to have my aftermarket audio system upgrade installed, and he's going to put the camera in. Maybe the faulty communication between the camera and system is causing the glitch. As complicated as the unit is, who knows...